Autumn Eco Friendly Cleaning Perth | Fastidious Clean
Autumn Eco Friendly Cleaning – What To Do
Spring may be the traditional time to give your house a thorough clean, but most homes can benefit from more than one annual deep clean, and autumn is the perfect time for a top up.
A big autumn clean may mean extra chores, but it will leave your home clean, hygienic and presentable for the colder months – especially when you use environmentally-friendly cleaning products and avoid toxic chemicals.
If you don't have the time to spare in your busy schedule, a professional house cleaner in Perth can take care of your autumn clean for you. Call Fastidious Clean on 0409 688 854 to get a free quote for eco-friendly and meticulous domestic cleaning all year round
Why is autumn cleaning important?
With the hectic pace and responsibilities of modern life, many of us have got used to the practice of letting house cleaning and maintenance duties pile up until the big spring clean. But neglecting some crucial tasks for so long can lead to problems, including putting your health at risk.
If you already spring clean, an autumn clean can lighten the load, making any grease, stains or mildew easier to remove than if they were left until later and extending the life of upholstery and appliances.
Cleaning before the cold season arrives means your rooms will be fresh, clean and harbour fewer germs and allergens when you and your family may be spending more time indoors. You'll also avoid the discomfort of last-minute winter cleaning!
What does autumn cleaning involve?
An autumn clean can be as detailed as you need – but the more thorough the job, the less work you'll have to do the rest of the year.
Reputable house cleaners follow detailed checklists when deep cleaning all areas of your house to a high standard, ready for the winter. This can include:
- Decluttering and reorganising pantries, cabinets, drawers and shelves to free up space and dispose of expired food or other items you don't need.
- Ovens and fridges should be deep cleaned at least twice a year using natural cleaning products to avoid fumes. Baking soda and
- vinegar make a dependable DIY degreaser, adding a few drops of essential oils if you want to cover the smell.
Clean and degrease counters, appliances and other surfaces, including scrubbing pots and pans to remove any stubborn residue.
- Decluttering and reorganising bathroom cabinets and shelves and throwing away or recycling any items you don't use.
- Detailed cleaning to leave all surfaces and fixtures spotless, including grout cleaning.
- Spraying chemical-free air freshener.
Living areas and bedrooms
- Clean, dust and polish surfaces and clean on, around and under furniture and furnishings.
- Vacuum all floors and upholstery and under mats and rugs.
- Clean curtains and bedding, including mattresses.
- Press, fold and reorganise linen cupboards.
- If you have a fireplace, chimney cleaning should be left to the professionals.
- Like spring, autumn is an ideal time to clean your windows, as there's less risk of sun glare and soap residue being left on the panes. You can also air dry curtains and drapes to save on electric drying.
- Windows should be cleaned inside and out, including sills, tracks and mullions.
- Also check and repair caulking around windows and doors to ensure your home will be insulated against the cold.
- Sweep, rake and hose down driveways, paths and patios.
- Remove cobwebs from around your home, shed and roof eaves using an extended duster or vacuum attachment.
- Clean and declutter the shed, garage and other outbuildings, especially if you're storing outdoor furniture and other items over the winter.
More autumn housekeeping tips
Besides cleaning, an autumn clean is also the perfect time to take care of other outstanding duties, such as:
- Defrosting the freezer to help it run more efficiently and extend its lifespan
- Testing smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms, especially if you'll be using a fireplace
- Storing summer clothes and linens, using natural moth repellents such as lavender fragrance if you're worried about moths
- Bringing out the warmer bedding and throws to save on heating costs
- Draining and covering any swimming pools when not in use
Why use eco-friendly cleaning?
If you're looking for ways to go green in your home, replacing your chemical cleaning products with natural alternatives or hiring an eco-friendly cleaning service can be beneficial to your family's health as well as the environment.
Toxic chemicals can cause harm if they're swallowed or come into contact with the skin or eyes, which can be particularly concerning if you have children or pets around. Their fumes can also pollute the air inside your home, sometimes even leading to respiratory or sinus problems when inhaled.
In terms of results, the misconception that natural cleaning products are inferior to chemicals just isn't true. Professional quality ENJO cleaning products can provide superior results that last for longer, so your autumn clean can last all through the winter.
Why choose Fastidious Clean?
If you're looking for local cleaners who'll get your home spotless using all natural cleaning solutions, give our team at Fastidious Clean a try. We guarantee:
- Attention to detail – our diligent cleaners will clean every crevice and remove every crumb and dirty mark
- Treat your property with care – we won't scratch or dent your furniture or damage other belongings
- Full service – we provide as many services as you need, including window cleaning, outdoor areas and chemical-free oven cleaning
- Eco-friendly cleaning – we use water-based ENJO cleaning products to keep your home free from pollutants and allergens
- Ethical – we only use products manufactured by socially responsible companies, free from animal cruelty and other exploitative and damaging practices
- Cost-effective – we're committed to keeping our prices as affordable as possible. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
Natural cleaning specialists in Perth and WA
If you need help with your big autumn clean or regular house cleaning in Perth, find out how Fastidious Clean can help. Call Rhonda today on 0409 688 854 or request a quote for eco friendly home cleaning in all Perth metro areas.